Create a less formal yet still sophisticated table setting for your Thanksgiving feast
A rustic yet sophisticated table is one of the trendiest looks for Thanksgiving and Fall dining. The setting is homey and evokes the idea of family togetherness blended with the formality that the Holiday inspires. Using fancier items with the inspiration of nature and Earth’s bounty creates a welcoming yet festive table that your guests will be pleased to dine at.
Supply and decorative links are provided so you can replicate this look, or use it as inspiration and find things that you already have to make your table your own masterpiece. Even using items from outside, like twigs and acorns, can bring the setting all together. Kids can gather pretty leaves and add them to a clear glass vase, for example. Use your imagination, get out grandma’s china, and make some new memories.
Enjoy, and have a great Thanksgiving!
Rustic and Warm Thanksgiving Tablescape
- (6) Linen Chargers
- (6) White Dinner Plates
- (6) Brown Salad Plates
- (6) Orange/Fall Color Flower Napkin Ring
- (6) Fall Plush/Velvet Pumpkins
- (6) Dinner Glasses
- (6) Set of Silverware
- (6) Thanksgiving Party Favors
- Place white linen tablecloth across the table. You can always use an orange or brown tablecloth as well. Go with what you like!
- Add a fall-themed table runner, and place it in the middle of the table. I found this particular fall table runner at Home Goods. You can find them there, Kohls, Target or online in a huge variety of styles and patterns.
- For the center decorations, I placed a Harvest/Fall themed swag in the center of the table. I added an assortment of plush/velvet pumpkins on the side of the swag. Check out similar swag ideas for inspiration.
- Set the table. First, lay down the linen chargers. Add a white dinner plate, followed by a brown salad plate.
- Place the silverware at each place setting (fork on the left and the spoon and knife on the right of each plate).
- Taking a brown linen cloth napkin, fold it in half and slide through the fall napkin ring. Straighten the cloth napkin, and then place it on top a brown salad plate. Repeat this process until you have completed the desired amount.
- Don’t forget to add a glass to each place setting.
- For additional fall fun, I added a few tall yellow vases found at Target. I placed them towards the end of the table and placed fall leaves inside each vase. Don’t worry if you don’t have enough room for additional decorations. Your food will also play an important roll in your Thanksgiving tablescape, and help dress the table and set the mood — after all, you are there to eat, drink, and enjoy.
- Add the Thanksgiving Turkey Candy Bar Wrap Favors to your table and prepare to entertain your guests!