Hand Dipped Chocolate Covered Strawberries for Spring or Easter
This recipe will yield one dozen hand-dipped chocolate covered strawberries.
12 large strawberries
12-20 Wilton chocolate melting chips each in pink, purple, orange, blue, yellow and white -NOTE : 12 chips will cover approximately 2 average size strawberries
1. Line a cookie/baking sheet with wax paper and set aside.
2. Rinse strawberries and dry completely. Place in refrigerator to chill.
2. Place the various colors of melting chips in small microwaveable bowls.
3. Microwave each bowl one at a time, for 30 seconds on 50% power, stirring well until chocolate is melted but not too hot. You don’t want to burn it, so watch carefully.
4. Using a spoon, drizzle the melted chocolate onto 2 strawberries, covering completely except for the stem. Alternately, hold the green stem and dip the strawberry in the chocolate to cover it completely. Lay on baking sheet to harden. It will not take long to “set” because the strawberries were chilled.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 for all 6 colors.
5. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 3 days until ready to serve.
Anchor Hocking 6-Ounce Custard Cups with Lids, Set of 4