We love cheeseburgers! But to be quite honest, they can get a little boring. This recipe for loaded cheeseburger muffins solves the boring burger problem! They are easy to make, delicious, and can be topped any way YOU want them. I love that these freeze easy, so I can make a few dozen at a time and have them ready for a fast meal or a snack. Get ready for a new recipe in your rotation.
Fast and Easy Loaded Cheeseburger Muffins
Burger Mixture Ingredients:
1/2 pound lean ground beef or turkey
1/2 pound ground sausage or turkey sausage
1/2 cup chopped bacon
1 large onion, chopped (optional)
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon chopped fresh garlic
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
Baking Mixture Ingredients:
1 cup all purpose flour, or use half whole wheat and half regular
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/3 cup milk, we used 1%
1/3 cup vegetable oil or canola oil
- Pre-Heat oven your to 375° F. Spray 12 regular-size muffin cups with cooking spray.
- In a medium skillet, brown together: beef (turkey), sausage (turkey), garlic, and onion over medium-high heat, about 5-10 minutes, till meat is browned well and onion is cooked well. Drain and hold mixture in a large bowl. Return pan to burner and then fry your bacon. Remove and allow bacon to cool. Chop bacon and add to the browned meat mixture. Stir in Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, salt, and cheese until it is all well combined, then set aside while you work on the baking mixture.
- Make the baking mixture: In a medium bowl, add in all dry ingredients and mix well. Add in the wet ingredients, gradually, and mix well by hand till well combined, then allow to sit 2 minutes before filling cups.
- Fill the bottom of each muffin cup with around 2 tablespoons of the baking mixture. Top that with about 1/4 cup of the burger mixture. Top that with 1-2 tablespoons of baking mixture, taking care to not overfill the cup.
- Bake about 30 minutes uncovered on the middle tray, or until muffin tops are golden brown. If tops brown too quickly, loosely cover with foil till done. Cool about 5 minutes in the pan to make them easy to remove from the pan. Serve with all your favorite cheeseburger fixings! Yields 12 full-size muffins that will serve 3-5 people. These freeze well also for a snack or for a meal on the fly! ENJOY!!