These cupcakes pack a serious coffee kick! They aren’t for the faint of heart. If you like coffee, you’ll love these. Mocha lovers rejoice!
If you like this post, please share it or Repin Chocolate Coffee Cupcakes on Pinterest
Chocolate Coffee Cupcakes
Devils Food Cake Box Mix + Ingredients called for on box
1 cup strong brewed coffee
1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3 cups confectioners’ sugar
1/3 cup milk
Directions for cake
This recipe is super easy! Simply mix up the Devils Food Cake Box Cake Mix, replacing the one cup of water with one cup of strong brewed coffee.
Bake according to directions. Allow to cool completely before frosting.
Directions for frosting
With an electric mixer, cream together coffee, vanilla, and butter. Add in cocoa powder. Alternate adding milk and confectioners’ sugar until desired consistency is reached.
Optional: Top with cocoa coffee nibs.
This Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcake Recipe is one I found on a recipe card a long time ago. While searching for similar recipes for this post, I found one on All Recipes. It’s almost identical, and tastes great! The chocolate ganache filling really makes it amazing, so be sure to check below for that recipe as well. Nothing beats the combination of peanut butter and chocolate, and this confection is to die for! Have milk or coffee ready.
If you like this recipe, Please share it or Repin Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcake with Chocolate Ganache Filling on Pinterest
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcake with Chocolate Ganache Filling
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cupcake pan with paper liners.Combine brown sugar, shortening and peanut butter in a bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Stir in vanilla. Mix together flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt. Pour into other mixture. Bake for about 18 minutes. Allow cupcakes to cool before filling and icing. Fill with chocolate ganache (I used this chocolate ganache recipe). Use the same recipe for the topping. After filling with ganache, top with peanut butter icing. Then, top with chocolate ganache. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to 48 hours.
Dating does not have to involve a lot of cash. Oftentimes the best dates are quality time spent doing things that you don’t normally do. Check out some of these frugal date ideas, and add some of your own in the comments.
If you enjoy this post, please share it or repin it on Pinterest.
1. Visit a used book store.
2. Rollerblade together.
3. Spend the evening at the library.
4. Make your own ice cream sundaes.
5. See a play or musical.
6. Give each other a massage.
7. Create a treasure hunt.
8. Have a picnic together.
9. Visit a cave.
10. Go swimming. Heck, go skinny-dipping!
11. Do some puzzles together.
12. Go bowling.
13. Play a sport together at the park.
14. Take an art or cooking class together.
15. Attend a free outdoor concert.
16. Learn to play an instrument together.
17. Volunteer together.
19. Dinner & a movie – at home.
20. Walk on the beach – or around the lake!
21. Have a dessert only date.
22. Work out together.
23. Bird watch.
24. Have a water fight!
25. Go on a tour of a historical building in your city or town.
26. Wine tasting!
27. Play Pictionary, Scrabble, or Charades.
28. Try Frisbee Golf. Or, regular golf! 🙂
29. Take a walk downtown and window shop.
30. Go on a hike together.
If you Like this post, please share it or Pin or Repin these 25 Ways to Cut 100 Calories or More on Pinterest
If you have any tips I would love to hear them. Please leave me a comment or send me an email!
Also check out these 30 Snacks that are 100 Calories or Less
1. Choose nonfat milk instead of using whole milk. Bonus: Lower fat milk has more calcium!
2. Use a smaller cereal bowl.
3. Trade regular eggs in for egg whites.
4. Grill your food using nonstick spray instead of butter.
5. Don’t eat while distracted. Eating in front of the TV or your phone can add more than 100 calories to what you eat!
6. Swap a bagel for an English muffin and save 300 calories.
7. Drink light beer instead of regular beer.
8. Instead of mayo, use mustard.
9. Split that piece of cake or dessert with two friends.
10. Use fat-free mayo in your chicken salad.
11. Eat slowly, concentrate on chewing and enjoying your food, and eat less.
12. Cut the amount of cheese you use in half. You may not even notice the difference!
13. Use lettuce wraps instead of bread.
14. Remove the skin from your chicken.
15. If you must have soda, drink a a small can instead of a bottle.
16. Eat pizza with grilled chicken instead of pepperoni.
17. Use fat-free sour cream in recipes.
18. Freeze blended fresh fruit into a sorbet for dessert.
19. Try raw veggies, instead of chips, with salsa.
20. Eat canned fruit in water instead of syrup.
21. Instead of creamy soups, eat broth-based soups.
22. Skip the croutons and use half the cheese. Add veggies instead.
23. Instead of butter, top whole grain waffles with 2 tablespoons of maple syrup or blueberries. Antioxidant boost, too!
24. Try fat-free cream cheese instead of regular.
25. Dip your fork in the dressing and eat your salad, instead of pouring dressing on top.
1. Dollar Store Nest Wreath
2. Tissue Paper Mosaic
3. Fabric Covered CD Covers
4. Bunny Boxwood Wreath
5. Bumble Bee Light Bulbs
6. Pastel Spring Vase
7. Mini Herb Garden
8. Fairy Dust Necklace
9. Candy Holder Craft
10. Heart Printed Jeans
11. Decorated Clothes Pin Crafts
12. Froot Loop Necklace and Bracelet
13. Fun Paper Flowers
14. Sock Bunnies
15. Color Block Pockets
16. Felt Bird House
17. Rubberband Wrapped Cuff
18. Easy STriped Neon Shirt
19. No Sew Hair Clips
20. Life Savers Flower Pops
21. Fun Easter Egg Dominoes
22. Spring Butterfly Wreath
23. Origami Bouquet
24. Fabric Spray Paint Dresses
25. Milk Jug Flower Pot
If you Like this 25 More Easter Desserts Recipes post, please share it or repin it on Pinterest
AND check out Part I – 25 Awesome Easter Dessert Recipes for more ideas!
1. Rice Krispies Flower Treats
2. Bunny Cookie Bark
3. Orange Coconut Cream Cheese Cookies
4. Carrot Cake Brownies
5. Smores With Peeps
6. Almond Butter Filled Chocolate Cookies
7. Easter Egg Cookies
8. Angel Lush Cake
9. Easter Parfait With Peeps
10. Coconut Lime Curd Bars
11. Caramel Almond Ice Cream Torte
12. Spring Chick Cupcakes
13. Butterfly Cupcakes
14. Nesting Baby Blue Birds
15. Peeps in a Nest
16. Easter Nest Cake
17. Mini Bundt Cakes
18. Angel Fluff
19. M & M “Carrots”
20. Cadbury Mini Egg Brownies
21. Peeps Popcorn
22. Easter Bundt Cake
23. Chocolate Birds Nest Eggs
24. Chocolate Funfetti Cookie Sandwiches
25. The Best Cheesecake Ever
If you Like this post, please share it or repin it on Pinterest
Delicious and satisfying snacks don’t have to ruin your entire day’s calorie count. Snacking on items that are 100 calories or less is a good way to stay full without gaining weight.
1. 8oz “skinny” latte (fat-free milk)
2. 10 animal crackers
3. 15 almonds
4. 1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese
5. 3/4 cup Kix or Cheerios
6. 40 goldfish crackers
7. 8 saltine crackers
8. 2 cups broccoli
9. 1oz beef jerky
10. 25 grapes or cherries
11. 1 apple, orange, peach, or pear
12. 1 1/4 cups watermelon
13. 2 tangerines
14. 2 graham cracker squares + 1 teaspoon peanut butter
15. 17 chocolate covered raisins
16. 2″ slice of angel food cake
17. 1 black bean garden burger
18. 1 slice raisin bread + 2 tsp honey
19. 1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt with cinnamon + 1 teaspoon honey
20. 3/4 cup Wheaties
21. 1 small banana
22. 1 grapefruit + 1 teaspoon sugar
23. 1 cup sugar-free jell-o
24. 1/2 cup chocolate soy milk
25. 1 hard boiled egg
26. 1/3 cup roasted pumpkin seeds
27. 3 cups air-popped popcorn
28. 4oz of chocolate pudding
29. 3 squares of dark chocolate
30. Mini Ham Sandwich — 2 slices ham, 2 teaspoons mustard, rolled in romaine lettuce
What’s your favorite healthy snack?
If you like this post, please Share it with the buttons below, or Repin it on Pinterest
AND check out Part II – 25 More Awesome Easter Dessert Recipes
1. Adorable Easter Cupcakes
2. Sheep Cupcakes
3. Cinnamon Sugar Pull Apart Bread
4. Spring Sugar Icing Cake
5. Peeps Smores
6. Carrot Cupcakes and Lemon Bars
7. Easter Bunny Cake Topper
8. White Chocolate Easter Bark
9. Hot Cross Buns
10. Pink Oreo Cookie Pops
11. Rose Scented Cupcakes
12. Rice Krispies Chicks
13. Semolina Cake
14. Middle Eastern Cheesecake
15. Pastel Meringues
16. Heavenly Angel Food Cake
17. Malted Mousse Cake
18. Coconut Cream Pie
19. Rhubarb and Blood Orange Shortcakes
20. Peeps Sunflower Cake
21. Coconut Cupcakes
22. Carrot Cake Milkshake
23. Coconut Cookie Chicks
24. Key Lime Toasted Cupcakes
25. Easy Fruit Tart
If you LIKE this post, Please Share it or Pin or Repin these 25 Meatless Recipes on Pinterest
25 Satisfying Meatless Recipes — Perfect for Lent or anytime!
1. Simple Frittata
2. Pizza Alla Vegetariano
3. Zucchini Fritters
4. Tofu Nuggets
5. Cauliflower Fried Rice
6. Flatbread With Goat Cheese and Caramelized Onions
7. Kale Pesto Bean Dip
8. Freeze Ahead Lasagna Primavera
9. Mexican Stuffed Shells
10. Shipwreck Casserole
11. Goat Cheese Black Bean and Brown Rice Rolls
12. Kidney and Black Bean Burgers
13. Crispy Oven Roasted Potatoes
14. Tikki Burgers
15. Sweet Potato Creepes
16. Cheesy Baked Pasta with Eggplant
17. Tempeh Tacos
18. Vermicelli Biryani
19. Fennel Carrot Soup With Ginger
20. Chickpea Veggie Burger
21. Broccoli Slaw With Tahini Dressing
22. Pasta with Pecorino & Pepper
23. Easiest Veggie Chili Ever
24. Quick & Easy Apple Broccoli Salad
25. Hummus With Pine Nuts
If you like this recipe, please share it or pin it or repin it on Pinterest
This recipe from Ghirardelli makes for some very fudgy, gluten-free brownies.
Gluten Free Brownie Hearts Recipe
1/2 cup almonds
1/3 cup brown rice flour
1 cup Ghirardelli Chocolate Chips
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 325°. Line an 8×8-inch metal baking pan across the bottom and up two opposite sides with parchment paper.
If using whole almonds, add them to the food processor with the rice flour and pulse until finely ground. If using almond flour, mix it with the rice flour and set aside.
Pour the chocolate, butter and salt in the top of a large double boiler over simmering water, stirring frequently until the mixture is melted and smooth.
Remove the bowl. Cool for 5 minutes. Stir in sugar, vanilla, and eggs. Add in almond rice flour mixture and mix until combined.
Scrape batter into prepared pan and bake 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out moist but clean. Cool the pan on a rack. Run a knife along the unlined sides of the pan to detach the brownies. Lift the edges of the parchment paper to remove the brownies. Cut into squares. Frost** as desired.
Freeze and cut into heart shapes with a knife, not a cookie cutter.
**To get the perfect ridges on the frosting, cut brownies into squares and freeze. Add frosting with a butter knife, spreading straight across the brownie. Overlap each just a bit, and freeze again before cutting.
Jenelle is 11 years old and has endured severe bullying, to the point of having to switch schools. Instead of letting it affect her life negatively, she decided to use her creativity to open up shop!
Slap Dash Things was created so Jenelle could make something positive out of something so negative, and she is offering Couponista Queen readers a 10% discount code to use during her Grand Opening!!
$1.00 from the sale of each piece of jewelry is donated to anti-bullying campaigns.
The Grand Opening starts on 1/31 at 10PM CST and will end when her shop runs out of items! Her goal is to raise at least $100 to donate to anti-bullying campaigns.
Use code COUPONISTAQUEEN to save 10% off your entire purchase at SlapDashThings.com! $2.85 flat rate shipping no matter how much you order.
Xbox 360 Live Subscription Gold Card 12 months for only
$34.99! The price is now $39.99, still a great deal!
Plus, get FREE Shipping!!
Get these Baby LiteUps Nail Clippers for just $5.49 Shipped!
Plus, with your order, you’ll get a BONUS Kids Sing-A-Long CD for FREE!